Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Galloping in the Moonlight


Peaceful Baba
Tonight I went out to check on the camels around midnight. The bright moon was high and the wind was brisk and blowing about.

I found all the camels eventually and started heading out across the pasture. Running across the moonlit fields I was suddenly surrounded by nine camels of different sizes and colors, all cantering, trotting and galloping along with me, weaving in and out of the trees, kicking out, snorting and bucking at shadows, swaying branches and rustling trees.

Big Peaceful Baba kept appearing beside me from out of the night just in time to block one of the other camels from getting in too close around me. A few times I thought Peaceful might bump me but he didn't. Its spontaneous moments like these that I like to capitalize on to deepen the bond. The camels enjoy and feel this as much as I do, I think.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lotta fun... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaceful Baba is the protector...I feel so safe around him. I saw him push and block Hi-Ho and his punky biting from Delany and us at the gardens the other day...so funny to watch Hi-Ho back off finally. All Peaceful had to do was turn to him and Hi-Ho started to cry mercy! Haha... There's real integrity and stillness in Peaceful Baba that totally changes you as he approaches anyone, a true ambassador of Fear No More & Peace :D

    ReplyDelete